Thursday, December 23, 2010

SF Etsy Craft Meet Up

I'm really new to the craft selling website Etsy, and even newer to the concept of "teams."  I joined SF Team Etsy hoping to meet other artists, find inspiration, and learn from more experienced people.  It was really cool that one of the SF Etsy Team Members, Katy Atchison, was not only hosting a craft night but it was only a few blocks away from my house.  I'm super shy about meeting new people, but the fact that I'd joined a team to meet people, and that the week after I joined there was an event I literally could walk to made it impossible not to go.

I'm really glad I did.  Katy was a wonderful host and I enjoyed seeing her distinct illustrations and artwork in person.  The kitty cat "Tuna" was fun, and I didn't have allergies at all!!!

Everyone who attended  was a delight and an inspiration. Making arts and crafts is often lonely work, and getting out for this kind of thing was motivating.  And it's always great to meet wonderful, smart, creative people--it was well worth getting over my nervous social phobias,  off the couch, and out of the damned house!

Thanks Katy!  Hope to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment